Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Busy Valentine's Day

We enjoyed a wonderful Valentine's Day. My husband presented me with this beautiful bouquet of roses the day before ("Valentine's Eve"). The little heart motif is a gift from one of our friends who owns a sheet metal cutting factory. As a hobby, he often creates decorations and then gives them to people. He is so creative and giving!
On Valentine's Day, we were invited out twice! We joined friends for a noon meal at a Chinese buffet restaurant (and ate too much!). Then, late in the afternoon, we got a call from a couple in our church asking us to join them for an evening meal. We had such a wonderful time of visiting with all these friends. God has blessed us with a whole new bunch of friends once again!
Between the meals, I decided that I had to finish painting my bedroom. I started this project last week, and here you can see the results. Now all the rooms are painted, just the bathrooms and hallway are left.

2 comments:

Jamie and Krista said...

Good job with the flowers Jim! Jamie did the same for me...now I know where he gets his "charm!" =)

Wow Marilyn! Your room looks great! You are SO fast!

Anonymous said...

The flowers are beautiful!...Our husbands are so good to us!
You are doing a great job with all the painting. It looks great and cozy.