Thursday, March 1, 2007

confused cactus

I think that my Christmas cacti (now the white one is also in on the act!) became very confused by their seasons when we moved from Minnesota! The red cactus bloomed in January, after Christmas. Then around Valentine's Day, I noticed that the other side of the plant was loaded with blossoms! So now, the first of March, we have all these red (and now also white) blossoms again! I think that the plants like all this sunny weather here. Or maybe the warmth, or maybe all the birds that are constantly serenading us outside the windows...
Who knows? I only hope that I can coax these plants to bloom for me again come December 25th!

4 comments:

doug&margarethe said...

Beautiful plants! The colors are gorgeous. We're seeing just many inches of snow!!!All White here. Looking forward to spring and the flowers and greenery! Oh well, we got our moisture level raised!
Miss you.

Leingang Family said...

Obviously your plants love the weather down there. Who could blame them? It's like living in a greenhouse (without all the horrible humidity).

Candis Berge said...

Nice to see some color! Right now we have a fair amount of the color white... is white really a color? I can't remember..

We miss you and send our greetings!

CJ Olson said...

It's very pretty color! :-) Your cactus just like being in CA!!