Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Rainy Week





While those of you back in the Midwest are enjoying your winter wonderland, we here in the Southwest are enjoying a week of cold, rainy weather!
My flowers need alot of attention right now, but at least they are green and growing!
We are very appreciative of the moisture, as we have had very little rainfall the past three years, leading to drought conditions. It has been wonderful each morning as I drive to work, to watch the mountains and hills surrounding us turn green and beautiful.
Our creator God is so magnificent!

4 comments:

Candis Berge said...

One of the benefit of a good winter is the lack of guilt about yard work and taking care of flowers! I don't think I'd be good in California!

Kari, RN said...

I'm jealous of all that green! It doesn't feel too much like a winter wonderland here, but more like the frigid tundra. It was -14 this morning when I got off work!

The geraniums look great!

doug&margarethe said...

The green grass and flowers are so refreshing to see! Thanks. Right now the snow is getting "old" because the frigid COLD has caused alot of traffic problems such as "black ice" which can be very nerve racking and cause such delays to get to work. The Lord is good! I have not caused any accident nor have I been in one! Praise the Lord!

Leingang Family said...

It has been fairly mild here too until last week. My mother had petunias still blooming up until 10 days ago. I am actually thankful for the cold winter weather we have had lately. :o)We miss real winters.