Sunday, September 13, 2009

Women of Faith conference

The past two days I (Marilyn) attended the WOF annual conference. It has been about three years since I was able to go to this event, so I was really looking forward to the event. (Two of my co-workers gave me a ticket as a birthday gift; what a delightful surprise!)
There were great times of worship in song, laughter and tears! One of my favorite speakers has always been Sheila Walsh, and she challenged me again this year by her talk on letting God have complete control of my life. The first evening we also enjoyed some fantastic music by Steven Curtis Chapman. He started his mini-concert by singing "How Great Thou Art," which is so significant considering the tragedy and pain that his family has gone through the past year. His message of the hope of heaven was so heart-felt, knowing that now his precious daughter awaits him on those eternal shores.
But I must say that the greatest highlight of the two days, was being able to spend so many hours with my dear friend Cindy! Not only do we share many hours together at work, but we also share a deep love for our Savior. Thanks for a wonderful time together, dear friend; blessings always!

1 comment:

Leingang Family said...

The WOF will be in Portland this year, but I am not able to go. :o( Sounds like you had a wonderful time though!