Thursday, June 23, 2011

Celebrations

 Sunday was a family day. Jim was able to have his two oldest sons here to honor him for Father's Day. And since my birthday was in the middle of the work week, my family here honored me by celebrating my birthday a couple days early. Bec used her creative skills by baking and decorating the birthday cake.
 The finished beauty! The big 6-0! (thanks for the hard work, Bec)
 It was so fun to have my two oldest grandchildren help blow out the candles!
 lots of photographers...
 ...and gales of laughter (oh how we love it!)
 Seeing these little boys playing together in the back yard brought back memories of our sons.
 Helping grandma open presents
 Enjoying birthday cake (chocolate, of course!)
 Lots of smiles...
 ...and strawberries-- so much better than presents!
 Happy Father's Day to these three amazing dads! It is such a blessing to see the realationship that these guys have with their dad, and now with their sweet children.
 A happy birthday to mom! What a joy to have two of my sons living close by.
 Playing soccer with grandpa
 Cousins playing together with Bec
 Good catch, Jayden!
 Fun conversations
 Grandpa helping Brady. We had such an enjoyable day of celebration together.
I had to work on my birthday. But when I walked into my office that morning, this is the beautiful bouquet of flowers that my friend and co-worker had placed on my desk. What a pleasure to gaze at these beautiful Hydrangeas for the past few days. I had a lovely birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!!! you look so young :-). and happy father's day Jim! (one of the several honorary fathers I so blessed to have growing up!)