Wednesday, October 26, 2011

MN trip: Part 4

On Sunday evening, after a long day with friends and family members celebrating Dad's birthday, Jim and I headed for a relaxing evening at my brother's lake home. This was the gorgeous sunrise that greeted us on Monday morning!
I love the clear, crisp fall mornings in MN. Being at the lake makes that feeling even better:-)

We had such enjoyable meals together with Mom and Dad
The most wonderful news greeted us when we saw my parents on Monday morning...their house had sold! And so began the process of signing papers. After my brother had assisted Dad in signing all the papers, Dad looked at him and said, "So, it's a done deal?" And after a nod from Rayn, Dad stated, "I really like our new place, it's a good deal!" We all laughed with him and agreed!
Just some visiting time in the folks' new home...
Coffee time (with birthday cake). Today is my Dad's real birthday- Happy 90th birthday Dad!
Checking out the latest blog info on the computer
My beautiful mother
"The birthday boy"
My parents are very happy in their new home and have made some wonderful friends there. We are so glad that they are safe and warm for the coming winter months.

We had such a wonderful visit with Mom and Dad. I am so grateful for the wonderful parents that God has blessed me with and for their Godly influence in my life.
We were able to see the sugar beet harvest in action. It is amazing to see those hills of beets there on the flat prairie.
My cousin was so kind to let us use her car for the week that we were in MN. This little "buddy" traveled many miles with us, over all those open roads...thanks so much Brenda for the use of your car.
The lovely countryside
Winter is coming...the fields are resting til spring...
We were also able to visit with Jim's aunt Francis. She is recovering well after her hip fracture.
At a rest-stop...the last greenery of fall.
My cousin had some delicious vegetable soup waiting for us when we stopped by her house.
Thanks so much Brenda for the great visit and also for the use of your car. We appreciate you!
At the airport, we saw this "Snoopy house" in honor of Charles Schultz, native of St Paul, the creator of the cartoon character Snoopy. (I knew that my grandkids would have loved to see this!)
A few hours later, we were back to the traffic, the smog, the busy pace of LA. Back home....

No comments: