Sunday, November 4, 2007

Wide open spaces, beautiful skies

A week ago, I (Marilyn) was privileged to travel back to Minnesota with my sister Rebekah. I didn't think that I had adapted much to the lifestyle here in SoCal, but obviously I have! I really enjoyed the "quiet" of country living and also the glorious sunsets and the clear blue skies. (Clear, especially since I'd just come from the haze and smokey air here.)
This was the sunset from our front porch the evening before I left. The "gray" that you see in the skies is from the wildfires.

This was the view from the window of our plane as we prepared to land in Fargo. Even though most of the colorful fall leaves were gone, it was fun to see the season changing to winter, and to see the farmlands again!

The sunset that we witnessed that evening as we drove up to visit our folks was so beautiful!
Fall in the midwest means harvest time! It was fun to see the huge mounds of sugar beets just outside of the town where my folks live.

A couple days later, I saw this combine in the corn field. "You can take the girl off the farm, but you can't take the farm out of the girl!"


Small town life is very tranquil. It was great to "hear" the silence, instead of the dull roar of freeway traffic, and the rumble of the trains as they roll through our city.

A ride through Fergus Falls wouldn't be complete without a drive around Lake Alice! It is a noisy place to live this time of year, when all these ducks are making it a "pitstop" on their migration south.

Look at those awesome, clear skies! It was beautiful!

2 comments:

Kari, RN said...

Looks like a fun trip! I've been checking in for updates, and wasn't disappointed by the beautiful pictures you were able to get! Glad you had such a fun trip!

Leingang Family said...

Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures from your trip. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.