Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Caring for the folks

It was fun to go back "home" to visit my parents. Since my sister and I stayed together, we were able to attend to some of the medical and cosmetic needs of our folks. Like a hair trim...
blood pressure check and medication review...
checking out mother's new laptop.
We even worked in a pedicure!
(Interestingly enough, the pastor's text for our nephew's wedding was about Jesus washing the feet of His disciples, and how the husband and wife needed to show a servant attitude toward each other in order for the marriage to survive and grow.) I think that each member of the family needs to practice this attitude, huh?

1 comment:

doug&margarethe said...

Glad you sisters could attend to some needs of your dear parents! Am sure they enjoyed your visit!
I totally agree on that servants attitude for all.! A good reminder.