Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Tribute to Mom

I am blessed to have the most wonderful mother in the world. All her life she has led by her example of loving committment and devotion to her family and friends. Her love for the Lord radiates from her life. The Bible is her source of strength and comfort, her guide for all of life.
Her attitude of gracious service and hospitality has always been an example to me. When asked recently what I remember most about my mom, I responded "her hands." Those hands have been working hands: kneeding bread, rolling lefse, cooking meals, gardening, canning produce, washing and hanging out clothes, gently guiding the cloth as she sewed clothing for us, holding the books as she read to us, washing the dishes, holding us tight as she hugged us. Wiping away the tears from her eyes, and our eyes...
treasuring her great grandchildren
Mom, we love you! Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

doug&margarethe said...

Much love to her too from me! Yes, she has been an example in all these ways listed. Many blessings of peace and joy to you, Mildred.
God has blessed me knowing you! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

She is the best - Well said Sis!
love Beck

Kari, RN said...

She's a great woman, what a wonderful tribute!