Thursday, August 11, 2011

Little Reminders

We had the privilege this past weekend of taking care of our grand-daughters while their daddy was working and their mommy was competing in a triathlon. And we enjoyed every minute of it!
We read lots of books, some of them many times.
We had lots of music, also some singing (and also some squabbling over the piano...)
Big sister was a big help to Poppi with the yard work. 
We had many memorable moments...and we survived! These are very busy and active little girls!
After they left, the house became very quiet once again. I was reminded of something that my mother told me many years ago when my own boys were little. After we had left her house, she found "little reminders" all over the house of the kids having been there. As I was cleaning up, I found this little chair pushed up close to my cactus plant. One little girl loves butterflies, and she was trying very hard,,,
...to touch this pink butterfly that was just out of her reach.
She had also been given a quarter ("this is my coin," she said) and was planning to put it in her piggy bank when she got back home. But, she was concerned that little sister might take the coin before she left, so she decided to hide it. She carefully put it under her stool next to the bathroom sink. 
And that was right where I found it. We just love those "little reminders" and the tiny fingerprints on the windows...they are such good reminders that we are loved by some very special little people!

No comments: