Sunday, January 21, 2007

Christmas in January

Our Christmas cactus bloomed late this year! It was covered with buds at Christmas time, but it wasn't until January 2nd that it actually started to bloom. We have been blessed with the vibrant flowers all this month.
What a treat to have all this floral color during the winter months! Actually, we are quite privilaged to have greenery growing all around our house here in California. We only lost two plants (so far) to the frost that gripped our state last week. (That was the one night that I didn't bother to cover my plants outside...oops!)

1 comment:

Kari, RN said...

Great to see the Christmas cactus in bloom! I'm just ready to take the last blooms off of mine. I like your new couch! It looks very nice! Hope all is well. I'm off to work...