Wednesday, January 24, 2007

saga of the wall

This saga started with a desire for some color in the family room. The entire house (baseboards and all) were a neutral beige-type of color. Selection of colors for each room has been a job in and of itself...
Prep time is always the most tedious. I've been painting all the baseboards white so the color is more of a contrast. I do enjoy painting, but this little project really stretched me!
After the first attempts at doing a colorwash, with one of the three colors being a teal blue, (and seeing that the "attempt" was a massive failure!) I just decided to paint the whole wall teal blue and see how that looked...
We decided that the blue effect was too intense! Then we tried this "red effect" and liked it! We are both happy with the warmth that it gives to our family room. Little by little, the whole house is getting painted. Come and see for yourself!

3 comments:

Kari, RN said...

Fun to see the whole process of the wall color selection! Great job! I finally posted something new today, and have a few posts in mind for this weekend. Instead of taking more time today, I'm going to sign off now and call some traveling nurse companies and get the ball rolling! I'll let you know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

I like the choice of wall colors. Looks sharp! I would love to come visit but don't know when...enjoy the time with your folks..post some photos with them too!!

M and B said...

I like the color choice, mom. It looks great!