Wednesday, January 3, 2007

New Year's Eve in Pasadena




This year we were privileged to attend the Rose Parade in Pasadena. It was fun to celebrate together with cousins and friends. We older folks slept in more comfortable places, while A and S guarded our chairs while they slept on the street. It was rather interesting to weave our way thru the groups of people that were huddled around their heaters and tables on the sidewalk, waiting for the beginning of the parade in the morning. Life on Colorado Blvd is certainly interesting--and cold! (I was happy that I had kept my MN winter clothes!)

2 comments:

Kari, RN said...

Happy New Year! Looks like a fun, but cold, evening. Are you sure you're in CA and not back here in MN? We have snow finally, but it's still pretty mild. I watched for you during the parade, but wasn't able to see you....
I'm glad to finally be able to leave a comment! On some of your other posts, I can't find where to do it, but you must've fixed the problem! Hope you're having a great day, Kari

amylazicki said...

It was sooo much warmer than I have ever felt the night before the Rose Parade though! I can't remember ever having such a good night's sleep on New Years Eve :). It was so fun to see you! I'm glad you made it!