Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Friendships are treasures

The afternoon that I arrived in MN, my sister-in-law picked me up at the airport and took me out to eat, before we drove to Fergus. At supper, we were joined by several other family members, including little David! It was the first time that I had met my great nephew and it was such a pleasure to hold this little one. Thanks to all of you for sharing this precious joy with me!


Another highlight of going back to the Midwest last week to visit, was re-connecting with friends.

On Friday morning, I surprised this group of dear friends that meet weekly for Bible study and prayer. It was so fun to catch up on some of the things that God is doing in their lives and in the lives of their family members. Later in the weekend, I got to spend some more time with some of these gals, but the time is never long enough! Won't eternity be great?
At noon, I had lunch with my dear friend Barb at this cozy little restaurant downtown. After working together in chemo for over five years, we formed a close relationship. Even though she had a busy weekend lined up, she still gave me several hours of her time. Thanks so much Barb!
A stop at my former workplace was also a priority for me. The time went all too fast, but it was fun to catch up on some of the news from my former co-workers and to reminisce about the past. Thanks to all of you for letting me interrupt your work day!

On Friday evening, I had a wonderful time at Donna's house with her and Nancy. We became close friends through our group Bible study that met on Wednesday evenings. Staying overnight with Donna gave us a little extra time to share and pray with each other. Thanks for the great time together, girls!Oh the wonderful memories of all the times that I've spent at Kari's house! It was sad to think that this was the last time that I would be visiting her there, because now she is moving on to another job and new adventures. Thanks Kari, for the bed and breakfast, and all the good times we've had in the past--and for all the exciting things that we'll be able to share in the future!My time with Jewell always goes by too fast! So much to talk about and so few hours. Thanks for the great time that we spent together and for the way that you always challenge me!
The morning of the day that I left MN, I also spent time with another dear friend. Unfortunately, the battery on my camera was dead and I had neglected to bring the battery charger along, so I did not have a photo to mark the occasion! but I just did what my husband always tells me to do...took a mental picture of the day and cherished the moments together! Thanks, Margie for taking the time for lunch together!

4 comments:

doug&margarethe said...

Thanks for your visit and the special time together. Such fun to introduce David D to his GREAT aunt! Someday he will meet his GREAT uncle!! God has blessed me with such a wonderful friend/sister-in-law!! Miss you. As Margie says, "Blessings on your head"! Come visit anytime.

Leingang Family said...

What a great trip! It looks like you had such a wonderful time! I would love to be at Friday morning Bible studies again. I really miss you guys! Thanks for sharing all your pics!

Jamie and Krista said...

Wow...you DID visit a lot of people! =) Glad you had fun! You are blessed to have so many friends all over the world!

Brooke said...

You were a busy gal! It looks as though you enjoyed the whole trip! What a blessing family and friends are!