Monday, May 14, 2007

Springtime in Minnesota

After the birthday celebration on Sunday, my sister Becky and her husband Chuck, and I went out to our brother's lake cabin for the evening. We didn't know before we left that a thunderstorm had downed several power lines in the area. When we arrived at the cabin, there was no electricity! So we truly had a "camping out experience" in the woods. Rebekah and Chuck stealing a nightime kiss (by flashlight) during our cabin adventure!
After gathering up the branches that had blown down the day before, we made a little fire in the morning and enjoyed watching a couple of loons gliding across the lake. It was nice to see the trees greening up in the springtime weather. We appreciated the hospitality of my brother and his wife. Seems there is always so much to talk over and laugh about when we get together! Our time together went all too fast!

One last picture of the folks in front of their cozy little home. I never know when I'll get back to the midwest again, so I savor each visit there. I love my parents and miss being so far away from them again, but I do appreciate being able to call whenever I need to hear their voices.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

It looks like you had a great time back in the area!

M and B said...

Nice to see some family pics. G&G look good.