Saturday, May 26, 2007

Guess who came to visit?

Yesterday we got a call from my cousin Charlie. I had forgotten my conversation with him and his wife back in Minnesota, saying that they would be coming to California to visit their daughter the end of May. What a wonderful surprise to have them visit us here in our home!
My father has always referred to Charlie as his "little brother" but I am proud to say that he is my cousin.
I had not seen Charlie and JoAnn's children (Paula and Jeff) since they were little kids, so it was fun to meet them again as adults. It still seems strange to think that all of us "Minnesotans" were together this afternoon here in southern California! Thanks so much for visiting us!

2 comments:

Leingang Family said...

That's a fun surprise!

I really feel blessed by having such a great husband, but hope he doesn't have to do that again (ever). I also hope that we don't have to replace or fix any pipes in the future. :o)

hansons said...

Hi Jim and Marilyn,
So great brother Chuck and JoAnn and family got to come and visit. Thanks for the pictures. We are looking forward to when we can come. That will be so much fun.

Should have looked at your blog earlier to wish Jim a Happy 60th birthday. Happy belated birthday now, Jim. Sounds like you had alot of fun and many blessings.
Thanks for the e-mail Marilyn. It was so nice to see you at your Mom's birthday.