Thursday, May 24, 2007

Happy 60th Birthday Jim!

Today I celebrate you, Jim! You are the man that I thank God for creating and bringing into my life. The more that time goes by, the more I can see the reasons that God brought us together.
You are the man that I will always love, the wonderful father of our sons, the best friend that I could ever have. Happy Birthday to you!
Even though it has been a difficult day in some ways (Jim performed his first funeral here at church), it has been a wonderful day of phone calls and well-wishes from so many family and friends. Sixty is a milestone, you know!
This past Sunday, our church family helped us celebrate by a special "birthday song" (all about aging gracefully...)and a big birthday cake!
Thanks to all of our church family for the cards and birthday wishes, and also for your presence at our home for the potluck fellowship. We love you all!

7 comments:

M and B said...

Happy B-day Dad! Hey I'm half your age now. The only time that will ever happen.

doug&margarethe said...

Happy 60th Birthday, Jim!!! And many more....Take a look at my blog site for more Jim photos!!! Many memories of times with the best brother a sister could ever have!! Only a few exceptions when he got me to do something we shouldn't do...like eating that fruit which gave us diarrhea...Goody and Mom sure made us quickly vomit as they didn't want any trouble from us and a couple other times.But then who is perfect??!! Guess this sister was just too trusting of her brother. Really I have always looked up to you and thank God for you and the Christian example you have been to me and many others. Have a great 60th year! Love your sis, Margarethe

clwrat said...

nicely said Sis. Jim - happy birthday - keep the celebration going! Rebekah

Brooke said...

Happy 60th Jim! You certainly had quite the celebration! I hope that you enjoyed your day!

Kristina said...

Happy birthday Jim!
-A,K,I,&N

Leingang Family said...

Happy Birthday, Jim!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday a few days late!! I did call, but you were on the other line on your B-day. Great pictures that Muggs put on their site of you. Like I told her, it won't be long before the rest of us are 60!!
June